Unlock exotic aromas and fabulous flavours with this spicy stew of fish, prawns, meat and fresh fennel.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 50 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp caraway seeds
• 125ml (1/2 cup) water
• 2 tbsps sweet paprika
• 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
• 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
• 500g white fish fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
• 6 (about 450g) lamb, mint & rosemary sausages
• 400g cleaned baby octopus, halved lengthways
• 2 large celery sticks, trimmed, thickly sliced diagonally
• 2 baby fennel bulbs, trimmed, quartered lengthways, fronds reserved
• 12 (about 400g) large green king prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- Combine the fish, octopus, prawns, onion, fennel, celery, oil, paprika, cumin, caraway seeds and chilli flakes in a bowl. Transfer to a 3L (12-cup) capacity flameproof tagine. Add the water. Cover. Cook over low heat for 40 minutes or until the seafood is cooked through. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
While the tagine is resting, preheat a chargrill on medium. Cook the sausages, turning, for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Thickly slice diagonally.
- Top the tagine with the sausage and reserved fennel fronds.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/algerian-style-seafood-lamb-sausage-tagine/3cbfb66d-b244-43db-8edf-0102f83c1891