Coconut and chilli spiced spinach is a wonderful low-carb accompaniment to this almond-crusted fish main.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• Olive oil spray
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tsps curry powder
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
• Salt & freshly ground pepper
• 1/2 cup (45g) desiccated coconut
• 2 bunches English spinach, trimmed
• 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
• 100g flaked almonds, roughly chopped
• 1/2 cup (130g) Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
• 2 (about 500g) barramundi, cut crossways into 3cm pieces
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. On a plate, combine the yoghurt and curry powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the almonds on a separate plate. Dip each barramundi piece in the yoghurt to coat evenly. Then dip one side of the fish pieces into the almonds. Place the fish on the tray, almond-side up. Spray lightly with olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.
- Place the spinach leaves into a large heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water and set aside for 30 seconds. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain the spinach and squeeze gently to remove any excess water.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the coconut and cook stirring for about 3 minutes or until the coconut is just toasted. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss the coconut mixture through the spinach. Serve with the barramundi.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/almond-crusted-barramundi/80959ee8-acec-49f1-9e84-f21858fa9a90