• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 500g lean beef mince
• 1 tbsp red curry paste
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 80g baby rocket leaves
• 2 green onions, finely sliced
• ¼ cup whole egg mayonnaise
• 50g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
• 4 wholemeal rolls, lightly toasted
• 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons
• Hot chilli sauce, to serve, if desired
• Coriander and mint leaves, to garnish
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
• 2 tbsps panko breadcrumbs (alternatively use 2 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs)
- Combine the beef mince, garlic, curry paste, green onions, breadcrumbs and egg . Season and shape into 4 burgers.
- Preheat the barbecue flat-plate or pan to moderately-high heat. Lightly brush the burgers with oil and place the burgers on the barbecue or in the pan, reducing the heat to medium.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking, turning the burgers once.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with rocket, cucumber, carrot, sprouts, mayonnaise, coriander and mint leaves and hot chilli sauce, if desired.
This great family recipe is thanks to Australian Beef Recipes at https://www.australianbeef.com.au/recipes/asian-style-beef-burgers/#