These Bacon Wrapped Chicken Teriyaki Bites are sure to be a huge hit on game day! Sweet and savory, packed full of flavor, and just 5 ingredients! Sure to be your new favorite appetizer! Score!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• 1 lb. bacon
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 3/4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
• 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
• toothpicks soaked in water for at least an hour
• 20 oz Dole pineapple chunks in 100% pineapple juice
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Drain the juice from the can of pineapple chunks. Cover and refrigerate the pineapple chunks until needed.
- Combine the pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce in a large resealable plastic bag or bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces.
- Seal and refrigerate for one hour, turning the bag once.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a broiler pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut the strips of bacon into thirds.
- Working in batches, wrap each piece of chicken with a strip of bacon and roll in brown sugar.
- Push a toothpick through a pineapple chunk and then through the bacon-wrapped chicken.
- Place on prepared broiler pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning chicken bites once.
- Turn on broiler and broil for 2 to 3 minutes per side until bacon is nice and crispy. I left my pan on the middle rack so the toothpicks wouldn't burn. Always keep on eye on your food when using the broiler. Things happen fast!
- Serve immediately!
This great family recipe is thanks to Mom-On-Timeout Recipes at https://www.momontimeout.com/bacon-wrapped-chicken-teriyaki-bites/