Three types of melted cheese, hot potatoes and little gherkins on sticks...
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tsps cornflour
• 1 tbsp whole milk
• 100g full-fat soft cheese
• 100g cheddar, gruyère or Jarlsberg, grated
• 1 tbsp chives chopped to make, plus extra to serve
• 100g brie, camembert or taleggio, rind cut off and chopped
• cooked baby new potatoes
• baby silver skin pickled onions
• gherkins cut into bite-sized pieces
Method: Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Toss the grated cheese with the cornflour in a bowl. Gradually mash in the remaining cheeses and milk until fairly uniform, then stir in the chives and season. Tip into a small ovenproof dish, even out and bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbling and golden. If you want a little more colour, flash briefly under the grill. Sprinkle the chives on top and serve with the new potatoes and pickles on skewers for dipping.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/entertain/baked-fondue-with-potato-and-pickle-dippers/