Baked Scallops are incredibly simple to make and taste like pure heaven. These buttery scallops are dipped in a mixture of butter and garlic first and then baked in Panko and Parmesan coating. It takes less than 30 minutes and a perfect dish for a special night or any time you want to treat yourself.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 lb. sea scallops
• 4 tbsps butter, melted
• 3 garlic cloves pressed
• 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
• 3 tbsps grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Mix melted butter, salt, and pressed garlic in a small bowl and set it aside.
- Mix Panko bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese in another shallow bowl and set it aside.
- Take scallops out of the package and pat each one dry with a paper towel.
- Toss scallops in the melted butter mixture and then coat each one in Panko/Parmesan mixture on all sides.
- Place coated scallops in a baking dish that's large enough to hold them with some space in between each one.
- Carefully pour in remaining melted butter in between and around the scallops. (Don't pour on top.)
- Sprinkle each scallop with some Parmesan cheese and bake for 10-14 minutes, depending on the size.
This great family recipe is thanks to Will Cook For Smiles at https://www.willcookforsmiles.com/baked-scallops/