Serve tender barbecued lamb with oven roasted potatoes and tomatoes for a complete mid-week meal.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 3 (150g each) lamb backstraps (eye of loin) or 6 lamb fillets
• 60ml (1/4 cup) balsamic vinegar
• 2 1/2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 800g chat (small coliban) potatoes, halved
• 1 x 35g pkt Italian herb potatoes (McCormick brand)
• 250g (1 punnet) cherry tomatoes
• 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, shredded
• 50g baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Combine lamb, vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, rosemary and garlic in a glass dish. Cover and set aside in fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Add Italian herb mix. Spread potatoes in a single layer over a large roasting pan and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Toss tomatoes in the remaining oil and add to pan. Roast for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat barbecue grill on high. Drain lamb and cook for 4 minutes each side for medium (3 minutes for fillets). Rest 5 minutes, then slice. Add basil and rocket to potatoes and serve with lamb.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/balsamic-lamb-roasted-herb-potatoes/3ebfe1cf-49c0-4db7-a17c-714fc1a91800