A rich source in protein, this lively octopus salad combines the fresh mango and chilli lime.
• Prep time: 25 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• juice of 1 lime
• juice of 1 lemon
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
• 1 1/2 tsp five-spice powder
• 100g bag Asian salad leaves
• 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
• 1kg baby octopus, beaks removed
For the mango salsa:
• juice of 1 lime, or to taste
• 1 tbsp chopped coriander
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
• 1 large ripe mango, peeled, chopped
• 2 small chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- Place the garlic, sugar, five-spice, lime juice, chilli and a little pepper in a bowl and stir to combine. Add octopus and stir well until evenly coated. Stand while you make the salsa.
- For the salsa, combine mango, onion, chilli, coriander, oil, lime juice and some salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan on medium-high heat.
- Cook octopus, in batches if necessary, for 2 minutes, turning, until tender and charred all over. Transfer to a bowl and squeeze over the lemon.
Arrange salad leaves and octopus on plates, then top with the mango salsa.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/barbecued-baby-octopus-salad-mango-salsa-chilli-lime-dressing/557be21d-38e7-4396-b7c4-f1bf54cde3f4