• Prep and cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2-4
• 1/4 cup water
• 2 tbsps lime juice
• 800 g baby octopus
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 2 tbsps canola or olive oil
• 1 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce
• 2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander
• 1 medium red capsicum, finely chopped
- Clean octopus with a small sharp knife. Cut off head, or slit open, and remove gut.
- Pick up body, push beak up with index finger; remove and discard. Clean octopus well under running water; pat dry with paper towel.
- Combine with oil, water and garlic. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat barbecue or grill. When hot, cook octopus for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Drain well on paper towel. Combine chilli sauce, pepper, coriander and lime juice in serving bowl. Add octopus and stir.
- Serve warm or cold.
This great family recipe is thanks to ABC Recipes at https://www.abc.net.au/radio/recipes/barbecued-octopus-salad/8928170