The chilli paste and orange sauce in this dish go hand-in-hand with our salmon to create a simple showstopper. Beautiful for outdoor entertaining and just plain delicious.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tsp salt flakes
• 2 cups orange juice
• 2 tbsps micro cress
• 4 tbsps mirin seasoning
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 4 cardamom pods (bruised)
• 2 tbsps unsalted butter (cubed)
• 2 cups assorted baby tomatoes
• 1 whole buffalo mozzarella (torn)
• 1/2 cup pearl couscous (cooked)
• 12 viola and sage flowers (optional)
• 1 tbsp (40g) chilli paste in soya bean oil
• 4 x 150g fresh Huon salmon portions (skin on)
- Combine in a small saucepan, the orange juice and cardamom pods. Bring to a boil and reduce to half a cup. Keep warm and whisk in the cubes of cold butter, set aside in a warm place until needed.
- Whisk together the chilli paste, mirin, olive oil and all but a pinch of salt. Coat the salmon portions with the mix and grill on a pre-heated bbq plate for 2 minutes. Turn over and grill for a further 3 minutes, keeping the centre moist and glossy.
- Smear the plate with two tablespoons of the sauce, top with a salmon portion and finish with the tomatoes, mozzarella, flowers (if available), cress and a scattering of salt flakes.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/barbequed-huon-salmon-chilli-paste-orange-sauce-summer-tomato-salad/