Fresh coriander, garlic and lime bring out the best in this succulent and aromatic octopus dish.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 2 tsps sugar
• 1/3 (80ml) cup olive oil
• Zest and juice of 2 limes
• 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1kg cleaned baby octopus
• Salt & freshly ground pepper
• Rocket leaves to serve, optional
• 1 bunch coriander, chopped leaves and stems
- Combine octopus in a large bowl with oil, rind and juice, coriander, sugar and garlic. Grind over some salt and lots of freshly ground pepper. Mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight.
- Preheat and lightly grease a chargrill pan or barbeque flat plate. Cook the octopus in batches for 5-10 mins, or until pinkish in colour and the tentacles have curled.
- Serve on a bed of rocket leaves and extra lime wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/barbequed-octopus/36158cc4-a717-43ce-9f60-6a1336730c1e