Enjoy sweet & tanging notes in every satisfying bites of this Barramundi Agrodolce over Spring Greens dish. It looks great served family style or solo!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 1/4 cup water
• Salt and pepper
• 1 bag spring greens
• 2 tbsps capers, rinsed
• 2 tbsps olive oil, divided
• 5 tbsps red wine vinegar
• Chopped parsley for garnish
• 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
• 2 ounces parmesan cheese, shaved
• 1 (12-oz) Australis Barramundi fillets, defrosted
• Rice flour, tapioca starch or corn starch for coating fish
- Combine red wine vinegar, sugar, and water in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and sauté until soft but not browned, about 7 to 8 minutes. Add the vinegar-sugar mixture and cook, stirring often, until the liquid cooks off and onion is lightly caramelized about 10 minutes. Add the capers in the last 30 seconds of cooking and remove from the heat.
- While the onion cooks, prepare the barramundi fillets. Pat dry with paper towels. Slice each fillet into thirds. Season flour/starch with salt and pepper and lightly coat fillet, shaking off excess. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the fillets, in batches if needed, and cook 2 minutes until golden brown. Flip and cook another 2 minutes.
- Serve the fish over spring greens, topped with the sweet and sour onions. Garnish with shaved parmesan and chopped parsley.
This great family recipe is thanks to The-Better-Fish Recipes at https://www.thebetterfish.com/recipe/barramundi-agrodolce-over-spring-greens/