This superb dish by perfectly combines the great tastes of barramundi, zucchini and squash.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tsp fish sauce
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 4 shallots, sliced
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp oyster sauce
• 2 tbsps vegetable oil
• 8 sprigs fresh coriander
• 1/4 cup basil leaves, torn
• 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
• 2 zucchini, cut into batons
• 3cm piece ginger, julienned
• 4 barramundi fillets (180 - 300g)
• 2 yellow squash, cut into batons
• 1 tbsp mirin, or sweet white wine
• 3 heads bok choy, each cut into 4
- Preheat oven to 220ºC.
- Place a baking tray in the oven to preheat.
- Divide the zucchini and squash between four pieces of foil 30cm x 40cm.
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce and mirin in a small mixing bowl, whisk well, and drizzle over the zucchini and squash and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the barramundi on both sides with salt and pepper and place a barramundi fillet onto each mound of zucchini and squash and divide half of the basil and corriander between each parcel.
- Bring together the long sides of foil and fold to enclose the fish parcel to ensure no steam can escape during cooking.
- Place the parcels on the pre-heated baking tray and cook in oven for 10-12 minutes depending on thickness of fish fillets, then remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a wok over medium-high heat and swirl to coat.
- Add the ginger, shallots and garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the bok choy and toss for 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly wilted.
- Add fish sauce and toss to coat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place 3 pieces of bok choy onto the center of 4 serving plates.
- Open the parcels of fish, remove and discard the herbs.
- Place fish on the top of the bok choy and place the zucchini and squash on top of the fish.
- Spoon the juices from the parcel around the outside of the plate.
- Finely chop the remaining basil and coriander, sprinkle over the fish and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/barramundi-parcels-zucchini-squash/9f06fc78-b11d-4d34-a994-5872f43d6f3c