These bay scallops are set in a luscious Marsala cream sauce, served over hot crispy bread and garnished with fresh chives. It's a simple dish to prepare, yet so special and decadent. Best to enjoy these toasts with a knife and fork.
• Prep and cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 garlic clove
• 1/2 cup marsala wine
• 1 tbsp unsalted butter
• 2 pounds bay scallops
• 8 chives, finely minced
• 2 shallots, finely minced
• 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsps heavy cream
• 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
• four 1 inch slices grilled or toasted sourdough bread
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Rub the bread slices with the cut side of a garlic clove. Place bread on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 8 minutes until slices are golden brown and lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering in the pan. Add the shallots and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the scallops to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook until they have slightly browned, about 2 minutes. Pour in the Marsala wine, and simmer for 2 minutes, until slightly reduced. Add the heavy cream and stir to coat and heat through. Add the butter and stir to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove toasted bread from the oven and top each slice with a spoonful of the creamy scallops and their sauce, garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food&Wine Recipes at https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/bay-scallop-marsala-cream-toasts