• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8-10
• olive oil
• sea salt
• pinch sugar
• 30g currants
• cracked pepper
• rosemary skewers
• 300g baby octopus
• 30g pine nuts toasted
• 80ml red wine vinegar
• 2 cloves garlic smashed
• 60ml extra virgin olive oil
• zest and juice of 2 lemon
• 180ml extra virgin olive oil
• 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
• 1 zucchini cut into chunks
• 1 eggplant cut into chunks
• 1 red onion cut into chunks
• lots of sea salt salt and cracked pepper
• 2 pkt minted haloumi cut into inch cubes
• 1 red and green capsicum cut into chunks
BBQ Haloumi Souvlaki:
- Use long lengths of rosemary and remove all the bottom leaves keeping the sprouting bit at the top.
- Soak in water for a couple of days.( you can buy rosemary skewers from continental delis)
- Toss all veg lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Skewer the veg and Haloumi randomly on the rosemary skewers.
- Grill on bbq turning a few times.
- Combine dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the skewers.serve with skewers.
BBQ baby octopus:
- Clean octopus and remove beaks and brains and cut in half.
- Combine the marinade ingredients together and marinate the Octopus for a few hours or overnight for tenderness.
- Remove from the marinade and place on skewers or directly on the grill.
- Baste with a bunch of Greek dried oregano dipped in the marinade if desired.
- Cook until tentacles curl up and heads are firm, rest 5 or so minutes.
- Squeeze with a little fresh lemon juice and season to taste.
This great family recipe is thanks to ABC Recipes at https://www.abc.net.au/radio/recipes/bbq-haloumi-souvlaki-and-bbq-baby-octopus/8916438