Heaven on a stick? We think so. Fire up the BBQ, bring the Huon Salmon and you’ll see what we mean.
• Prep time: 25 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 x 140g Fresh Huon Salmon portions - skin off
• 1/2 cup Ponzu sauce
• 1/2 Cup Oyster Sauce
• 1/2 Red Onion - very thinly sliced
• 1 cup Coriander leaves picked
• Steamed rice to serve
- Mix the ponzu and the oyster sauces in a large bowl. Cut the salmon into bite size pieces then add to the sauce mix.
- Allow to marinate for 20 minutes. Then thread the salmon onto 8 metal skewers.
- Preheat a BBQ hotplate to hot and add a slick of oil. Cook the salmon until the edges start to turn a lovely caramel colour. About 2 minutes each side. Be very gentle so the salmon doesn’t break, and only turn once.
- Serve with sliced red onion and coriander scattered over steamed rice. * Ponzu sauce and Oyster sauce is available in the Asian section of the supermarket.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/bbq-huon-salmon-skewers/