• Prep time: 25 minutes plus standing
• Cook time: 2 hours & 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 10
For the Beef Roast:
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 2-1/2 tsps kosher salt
• 6 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
• 2 tbsps chopped fresh rosemary leaves
• 1 (4 1/2 - 5 1/2 pound) beef rib eye roast or delmonico roast
For the mushroom-thyme jus:
• 1 tbsp cornstarch
• 1/4 tsp kosher salt
• 1 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
• 2 tsps chopped fresh thyme leaves
• 2 cans (14 ounces each) less-sodium beef broth
• 1 package (8 ounces) baby bella mushrooms, each cut in half
- Prepare Beef Roast: In small bowl, mix garlic, rosemary, oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Place roast fat side up in shallow roasting pan; rub with garlic mixture. Let stand 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325°.
- Roast beef 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 135°. Transfer roast to cutting board; loosely tent with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 minutes; internal temperature will rise to 145° upon standing for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, prepare Mushroom-Thyme Jus: Drain excess fat from roasting pan; place pan with drippings over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook 1 minute. Stir in garlic and thyme, and cook 1 minute. In cup, reserve 1 tablespoon broth. Stir remaining broth into pan and simmer 5 minutes. Whisk cornstarch into reserved broth and whisk mixture into pan. Heat to boiling; boil 1 minute. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Slice roast and serve with jus.
This great family recipe is thanks to Price Chopper Recipes at https://pricechopperready.com/home/holiday-beef-roast-with-mushroom-thyme-jus/