There’s a universal attachment to these and the holidays. Everyone starts by rolling their eyes at the idea of them and then proceeds to eat at least 5.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 3/4 cups (about 7 1/2 oz.) all-purpose flour
• 2 tsps baking powder
• 1 1/2 tsps kosher salt
• 1 tsp granulated sugar
• 1 (1-lb.) pkg. hot or mild ground pork sausage
• 1 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Add sausage and cheese, and mix gently by hand to combine, just until flour is incorporated.
- Pinch off pieces of the sausage mixture, about 1 1/2 tablespoons each, and roll between your hands to form a mostly smooth ball. Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and cooked through, about 15 minutes, rotating pans top to bottom halfway through cook time. Place pans on wire racks, and cool 5 minutes. Serve warm.
This great family recipe is thanks to myrecipes Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/best-sausage-balls