We’re in love with this flavor combination: blackened barramundi and mango-avocado. It’s perfect for a fun summer potluck with your besties.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 8 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
For the fish:
• 1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
• Blackening seasoning to coat
• 1 (12-oz) Australis Barramundi fillets, defrosted
For the Mango-Avocado Salsa:
• Juice of ½ lime
• 1 mango, diced
• 1 avocado, diced
• 1 red bell pepper, diced
• 1/2 small red onion, diced
• Rice, for serving (Optional)
• 1/4 cup cilantro leaves , chopped
• 1-2 jalapeno or serrano chile, seeded and diced
- Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl. Toss with lime juice and salt. Set aside.
- Pat barramundi fillets dry with paper towels. Sprinkle both sides of fillets with your preferred blackening seasoning to evenly coat. Shake off any excess.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the fillets and cook 2 minutes until blackened. Flip and cook another 2 minutes. Cook in batches as needed.
- Remove from heat and rest.
- Serve fish topped with mango salsa.
- Serve with steamed rice, quinoa or tortillas (as tacos!), if desired.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Better Fish Recipes at https://www.thebetterfish.com/recipe/blackened-barramundi-with-mango-avocado-salsa/