This decadent bake combines slightly sweet French bread with a creamy ham and cheese filling.
• Prep time: 30 minutes
• Cook time: 22 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• 75ml milk
• 50g caster sugar
• 375g strong white bread flour
• 185g unsalted butter, softened
• 7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
• 3 large eggs, plus 2 beaten eggs for glazing
For the filling:
• 250g round brie
• 8 slices prosciutto
- Mix the flour, 1 tsp salt, caster sugar, yeast, milk and eggs together in a mixer using the dough attachment for 5 mins until the dough is smooth. Add the butter and mix for a further 4 mins on medium speed. Scrape the dough bowl and mix again for 1 min. Place the dough in a container, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for at least 6 hrs before using.
- Wrap the brie in the prosciutto and set aside. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 25cm circle. Place the wrapped brie in the middle of the circle and fold the edges in neatly. Put the parcel onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment and brush with beaten egg. Chill in the fridge for 30 mins, then brush again with beaten egg and chill for a further 30 mins. Leave to rise for 1 hr at room temperature. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6, then bake for 22 mins. Serve warm.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Good Food at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/brie-wrapped-prosciutto-brioche