Just 15 minutes is all you need for these steamed clams in a velvety, buttery garlic wine sauce!
• Prep time: 3 minutes
• Cook time: 12 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
• 5 tbsps Finlandia unsalted butter, divided
• Wedges from 1 lemon for garnish, if desired
• 3 dozen little neck clams, rinsed and scrubbed
- In a large skillet (that has a lid), melt 2-1/2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- Add clams and remaining butter. Cover and steam until clams have opened (about 7-8 minutes). Occasionally shake skillet while steaming.
- Discard any clams that do not open. Sprinkle evenly with parsley and garnish with lemon wedges, if desired. Serve with a french baguette or over a bed of cooked pasta.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Blond Cook Recipes at https://theblondcook.com/buttery-garlic-steamed-clams/