Cajun Chicken with Mardi Gras Salsa is a festive and flavorful chicken dinner recipe. Mardi Gras (or any night of the week!) ready!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 chicken breasts
• Cajun seasoning (I used Emeril's Essence)
For the Mardi Gras Salsa:
• 2 cups chopped pineapple
• 1/4 cup chopped red onion
• 1/2 jalapeno, seeded & minced
• 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
• juice of a lime
• salt & pepper
- Combine ingredients for Mardi Gras Salsa in a large bowl. Stir together then set aside.
- Brush both sides of chicken breasts with extra virgin olive oil then season with Cajun seasoning. Saute in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes a side, or until cooked through. Top with Mardi Gras Salsa then serve.
* I served my chicken and salsa with spicy Sweet Potato Fries on the side. That’s just 1 small sweet potato cut into fry shapes, tossed with extra virgin olive oil and more Cajun seasoning, then roasted on a foil-lined baking sheet for 20 minutes @ 425. Spicy and sweet, they were the perfect accompaniment. A feast for the eyes, AND the tastebuds! (Optional)
This great family recipe is thanks to Yummly at https://www.yummly.co/recipe/Cajun-Chicken-with-Mardi-Gras-Salsa-475067?prm-v1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=seasonal&utm_campaign=Simply_The_Breast?prm-v1