Whether as a deliciously fiery appetizer or healthy entree, Cajun scallops are a must for your spicy kitchen repertoire. They take only a few minutes to make, yet you would never guess that from the delicious flavor. Seriously, your flavor to time ratio is wicked high with this spicy recipe.
• Prep time: 1 hour & 10 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8-10
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp pepper
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 tbsp seasoning
• greens your choice
• 1 tbsp pepper powder
• 15 to 20 fresh sea scallops medium-sized
- Toss the scallops with the Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper powder, olive oil (1 tablespoon's worth), salt and pepper. Place the scallops in the refrigerator and allow the spices to set for 1 hour.
- In a skillet over high heat, add the additional tablespoon of olive oil and butter. Spread the butter and oil to evenly coat the skillet.
- Place the scallops in the pan, and cook them over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side until browned. Flip the scallops and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the second side is browned.
- Place the scallops on a bed of lettuce and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Pepper Scale Recipes at https://www.pepperscale.com/cajun-scallops/