Cook for a teen party with a twist of tapas to please the masses!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• lemon wedges, to serve
• Alfa One rice bran oil, for shallow frying
• 800g small cleaned calamari hoods, halved lengthways
Lemon and garlic mayonnaise:
• 2 tsps lemon juice
• 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
• 1/2 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- Make lemon and garlic mayonnaise Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic in a bowl.
- Score inside flesh of calamari hoods in a criss-cross pattern. Cut into 7cm pieces.
- Pour oil into a large, heavy-based frying pan to cover base. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook calamari, turning, for 3 minutes or until curled and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with mayonnaise mixture and lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/calamari-lemon-garlic-mayonnaise/42062ae4-22b2-46bf-8461-9a3363e4ab99