Use a dried rub over the cutlets, a ready-made Italian herb or Moroccan spice mix will add depth and flavour. Swap the cutlets for lamb loin chops or lamb fillets/tenderloins if you like.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 12 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 12 frenched lamb cutlets
• roasted tomatoes to serve (optional)
• 1 red onion, finely shredded
• 400 g can of cannellini beans, drained
• grated rind one lemon
• ¼ cup parsley leaves
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Brush each cutlet lightly with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat the char-grill pan to hot before adding the cutlets.
- Cook cutlets on one side until the first sign of moisture appears on the top. Turn and cook further until done to your preference. Turn once only.
- Remove cutlets from heat, loosely cover with foil and rest cutlets for 2 minutes before serving. Serve cutlets with the bean salad. To make Bean salad: combine all ingredients, mix well. Serve with roasted tomatoes.
- You can use cutlets, or lamb loin chops or lamb fillets/tenderloins for this recipe
- The cutlets can also be pan-fried. Preheat the pan, keep the heat at a moderately high temperature; this should be enough to keep the meat sizzling without burning.
This great family recipe is thanks to Beef and Lamb at http://www.beefandlamb.com.au/Recipes/All_recipes/Detail/Char-grilled-lamb-cutlets-with-bean-salad