Australia is lucky to have an abundance of delicious seafood options - try these beautiful barbecued baby octopuses with spicy marinade.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 6 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• Pinch of salt
• Lemon wedges, to serve
• 1 tsp ground mild paprika
• 2 tsps extra virgin olive oil
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
• 60ml (1/4 cup) dry white wine
• 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
• 18 (about 250g) cleaned baby octopus
- Wash the octopus thoroughly under cold running water. Drain and pat dry with paper towel.
- Combine the white wine, oil, garlic, paprika and chilli in a glass or ceramic bowl. Season with pepper and mix well. Add the octopus and toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue grill on high. Drain the octopus and pour the marinade into a small saucepan. Cook the octopus on preheated chargrill or barbecue grill, turning once or twice, for 4-5 minutes or until the octopus curl and are just cooked through.
- Season the marinade with a little salt and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Cook, uncovered, for 1 minute.
- Place octopus in a serving dish and pour over the marinade. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/chargrilled-octopus/be5459c5-4ee4-4412-b7db-73c08a33a2a1