This delicious octopus salad is perfect for hot weather days - it's quick, easy and low-fat!
• Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• lime wedges, to serve
• 1 cup fresh mint leaves
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 tbsp finely chopped shallot
• 70g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
• 2 tbsps finely grated fresh ginger
• 1 large red chilli, deseeded, sliced
• 1 yellow capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
• 2 tbsps kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy)
• 500g baby octopus, cleaned, head removed, halved
• 1/2 telegraph cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, capsicum, snow pea sprouts and mint leaves. Set aside.
- Combine the chilli, garlic, ginger, shallot, kecap manis and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the octopus and toss to coat.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Drain the octopus, reserving the marinade. Cook the octopus, turning often, for 2-3 minutes or until just golden. Return the reserved marinade to pan and toss until comes to the boil.
- Add the warm octopus and marinade to the salad and toss until combined. Serve with lime wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/chargrilled-octopus-salad/6c2470d3-fff0-40d0-9848-d9b00201963d