An easy, delicious recipe for Cheese Tortellini in garlic butter sauce. Whether you want a hot appetizer for a party or a tasty, comforting weeknight meal option, double the batch because everyone is going to love it! Use refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini; either way, it's ready in 15 minutes or less!
• Prep and cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 tbsps butter
• 2 tsps dried basil
• 2 tbsps cornstarch
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• fresh basil for garnish (Optional)
• 1/4 cup parmesan cheese for garnish
• 1 package (16 ounce) frozen cheese tortellini
• 32 ounces chicken broth or vegetable broth, divided
- In a large pot, bring 2 1/2 cups broth to a boil. Add cheese tortellini. Return to a boil and cook until the tortellini float to the top of the water,about 3 minutes. The internal temperature of a tortellini should be 165ºF. Drain completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 1 1/2 cups broth with corn starch. In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat until foaming. Stir in garlic and basil and cook 2 minutes.
- Add broth-cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil; simmer until the mixture thickens, about 2 minutes longer. Add the cooked tortellini to the skillet and toss to coat.
- Pour into a serving dish and garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired.
• To make this dish vegetarian, substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
• Refrigerated tortellini can be substituted; it will float in 2 to 3 minutes. If you want to use dried tortellini, follow the instructions on the package (should be about 10 to 11 minutes).
• Serves 8 as an appetizer or first course (2 ounces per person, 275 calories per serving). Keep warm in a slow cooker if serving a buffet.
This great family recipe is thanks to Culinary Hill Recipes at https://www.culinaryhill.com/cheese-tortellini-in-garlic-basil-sauce/