This Cheese Tortellini pasta with veggies is quick enough for a weeknight dinner with the kids but also elegant when you have a dinner party with friends.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1/8 tsp salt
• 3 tbsp butter
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 1 medium zucchini
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
• 3 green onions, chopped
• 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
• 1 medium yellow summer squash
• 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp water, divided
• 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 medium sweet orange or yellow pepper
• 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
• Additional freely grated Parmesan cheese (Optional)
• 1 can (101/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
• 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine broccoli and 1/4 cup water; microwave, covered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly; drain. Repeat with asparagus and remaining water.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, whisk flour and broth until smooth.
- Cut orange pepper, zucchini and yellow squash into 1/4-in.-thick strips. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add vegetable strips; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Add green onions and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir broth mixture to combine; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1-2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli, asparagus, tortellini, 1/2 cup cheese, pepper and salt; heat through, tossing gently to combine. If desired, serve with additional cheese.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste of Home at https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cheese-tortellini-primavera/