This recipe preps in only 20 minutes. The task that takes longest is cooking the sausage. Then it cooks in your slow cooker all day so you can go about your day and come home to a delicious and warm dinner.
This delicious Italian meal for cheesy Crockpot tortellini is made in your crockpot using only five ingredients. The combination of Italian sausage, tortellini, and lots of cheese is just wonderful, hearty, and warming.
Perfect to serve with a crisp green salad and a nice glass of white wine for an easy and homey dinner.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 8 hours
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
• 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
• 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
• 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
• 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
• 1-1/2 cup shredded pizza cheese OR grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the sausage in a heavy skillet over medium heat until browned, about 10 minutes. Stir the sausage frequently to break up as it cooks.
- Drain well and place in 4 to 5-quart slow cooker. Add the pasta sauce, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. Then stir in the tortellini, cover again, and cook on low for 20 to 40 minutes or until the pasta is tender and heated. Sprinkle with cheese and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Spruce Eats at https://www.thespruceeats.com/cheesy-crockpot-tortellini-482572