Cover calamari in chermoula and grill it for a delicious addition to this easy low-fat salad that takes only 10 minutes to cook.
• Prep time: 1 hour & 20 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tsps paprika
• 2 tsps ground cumin
• 60ml fresh lemon juice
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• lemon wedges, to serve
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 red onion, finely chopped
• 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
• 200g green beans, halved, steamed
• 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
• 1 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
• 1 long fresh red chilli, deseeded, chopped
• 500g calamari, cut into 7cm pieces, scored
• 150g roasted red capsicum, not in oil, sliced
- Process chilli and half each of the parsley, coriander, garlic, cumin and paprika until finely chopped. Add 2 tbs lemon juice and 2 tsp oil. Process until mixture forms a paste.
- Place calamari in a bowl. Add paste and mix well. Cover and place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat remaining oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until light golden. Add the remaining garlic, cumin and paprika. Stir for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add chickpeas, remaining 1 tbs lemon juice and 60ml (1/4 cup) water. Simmer for 1 minute. Mash with a fork.
- Heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Spray calamari lightly with oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- Spoon chickpea mixture onto a serving plate. Top with beans, capsicum, calamari and remaining herbs. Serve with lemon.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/chermoula-grilled-calamari-salad/d2lrty75