This avocado chicken salad has so much flavor! It’s creamy but light with the avocado and so satisfying. This Avocado Chicken Salad has such simple ingredients and you may already have everything you need to make it (I just love when that happens)!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 50 minutes
• Yield: 6 as a side or 4 as an entree
• 2 large chicken breasts (shredded or chopped)
• 3 medium or 2 large avocados
• 1 cup corn (from 1 cooked cob)
• 6 oz Bacon, cooked and chopped
• ¼ cup Chives or green onion, chopped
• 2 Tbsp chopped Dill
• 2 hard boiled eggs, cut in halves or quarters, optional
• 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
• ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Dice or shred the 2 large cooked chicken breasts and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Peel and pit 2 large avocados, slice into bite-sized pieces and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of cooked corn (freshly cooked corn is best), toss in ¼ cup chopped green onion, chopped bacon, and 2 Tbsp fresh Dill.
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine. Drizzle over your salad and toss to combine. Serve with slices of hard boiled egg if desired.
Note: You can use rotisserie chicken, cook your own chicken breast seasoned with salt and pepper or use well-drained canned chicken.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly over the surface of the salad (keeping the air out will prevent browning of the avocados) and refrigerate.
- Serve this chicken salad as an entree, or in sandwiches, pita pockets and even as a filling for lettuce wraps. This avocado chicken salad is deliciously versatile.
This great family recipe is thanks to Natashas Kitchen at http://natashaskitchen.com/2017/07/28/avocado-chicken-salad-recipe/?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Your+New+Favorite+Salad+++Summer+Casserole&utm_campaign=20170726_m140584430_Mailer+142+07%2F29%2F17&utm_term=Avocado_Chicken_Salad-3_jpg_3F1501347915