• Prep and cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• olive oil
• 100g plain flour
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 100g breadcrumbs
• 150g dried speghetti
• 30g parmesan cheese
• 2 large free-range eggs
• 1/2 a bunch of fresh basil
• 1 x 400g tin of plum tomatoes
• 2 x 150g skinless free-range chicken breasts
- Peel and finely slice the garlic. Pick the basil leaves, then finely chop the stalks.
- Heat a splash of oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and basil stalks and cook for 2 minutes, or until golden.
- Tip the tinned tomatoes into the pan and squash them down with the back of a spoon. Fill the empty tomato tin with water and pour this in too. Season and simmer for 30 minutes, or until reduced, glossy and thick.
- Place the chicken breasts on a board and cover with a double layer of clingfilm. Bash with a saucepan to flatten them to 5mm thick.
- Tip the flour into one bowl, then crack and beat the eggs in a second bowl. Add the breadcrumbs to a third, finely grate in half of the Parmesan, then shake to combine.
- Coat the chicken in the flour, then the egg and finally in the cheesy breadcrumbs, until thoroughly coated.
- Heat a lug of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the chicken for 3 to 4 mins on each side, or until golden and the meat is cooked through.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions, then drain and add to the tomato sauce, loosening with a little of the cooking water if needed.
- Serve the pasta alongside the crispy chicken, with the remaining Parmesan and basil leaves scattered over.
This great family recipe is thanks to Jamie Oliver Recipes at https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/chicken-milanese-with-spaghetti/