This Chicken Ravioli Skillet with Basil Pesto and Veggies is an easy and quick gourmet pasta dinner! This family-friendly weeknight dinner takes only 40 minutes and is packed with protein and vegetables: asparagus, fresh tomatoes, and sun-dried tomatoes!
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 10 oz ravioli
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1/4 cup basil pesto
• 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed, cut in half
• 1 lb. chicken breast boneless, skinless, sliced
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, yellow and red, sliced in half
• 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained of oil, chopped
- In a large skillet heat 2 tbsps olive oil on medium heat.
- Add sliced chicken breast (seasoned with salt) and 1/4 cup of chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Coo everything on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, turned chicken slices over a couple of times until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and the dun-dried from the skillet, leaving the oil in.
- Add asparagus (ends trimmed), seasoned generously with salt, and 1/4 sup of sun-dried tomatoes to the same skillet.
- Cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the asparagus is cooked through. Remove the asparagus to a plate.
- Cook ravioli according to the package instructions, drain.
- Add cooked chicken with sun-dried tomatoes back to the skillet.
- Add basil pesto.
- Stir to coat and cook on low-medium heat until the chicken is reheat, 1 or 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked ravioli and halved cherry tomatoes to the skillet with the chicken. Stir to combine. Add more pesto if desired.
- Season with more salt if needed.
- Serve the chicken, ravioli, and cherry tomatoes together with asparagus.
This great family recipe is thanks to Julia's Album at https://juliasalbum.com/chicken-ravioli-with-pesto-and-veggies/