This Seared Chilean Sea Bass recipe with Potatoes and Herb Sauce is a beautiful healthy restaurant quality dish that can be made at home in 17 minutes.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Prep time: 7 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
For the green sauce:
• 1/3 cup water
• juice of 1/2 lemon
• pinch of kosher salt
• 2 cups packed fresh cilantro
• 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
• 1 leek (dark green top only), roughly chopped
For the potatoes, fish and assembly:
• kosher salt
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1/2 cup greek yogurt
• cilantro sprigs for garnish
• 1 pound small fingerling potatoes
• 1 leek (white part only), thinly sliced
• 4 pieces (4 ounces each) Chilean sea bass
- Make the Green Sauce: Puree all ingredients in blender until smooth. Pour into a fine-mesh strainer set over a medium bowl. Let sit, stirring mixture in strainer occasionally so all juice drains into bowl; discard solids.
- Scrub potatoes clean and use fork to pierce each potato lightly in several places. Place potatoes in medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover bowl with paper towel and microwave on high 4 minutes or until tender (or boil potatoes on stovetop, if desired).
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat until skillet is very hot. Pat fish dry with paper towel and season with salt. Pour oil in pan; place fish skin side-down in pan. Cook 4 minutes or until skin is very crisp. Turn and cook 2 minutes longer. Transfer fish to plate.
- Place leek whites in same skillet; cook 1 minute or until slightly softened.
- Divide yogurt, potatoes, fish and leek whites between 4 plates. Spoon green juice around fish and garnish with cilantro.
This great family recipe is thanks to Foxes Love Lemons at https://foxeslovelemons.com/seared-chilean-sea-bass-potatoes-herb-sauce/