This moist and delicious chicken marinated in chili and lime and grilled to golden perfection in this easy recipe that takes 30 mins.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 2 - 2 1/2 lbs (approx. 1kg - 1.3kg) chicken thighs
• 2 tsps salt
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 3 tsps fresh lime zest
• 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
• 2 jalapeño, chopped finely
• 1 tsp chili powder or to taste
• 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
• 4 tbsps fresh cilantro chopped
- Rinse the chicken thighs, remove the bones, leave the skin on, and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Get a big bowl, mixing all the ingredients of the Marinade together using a whisk. Make sure the Marinade is well combined together.
- Add chicken to the Marinade, make sure to stir and coat the chicken evenly. Marinate for 2 hours.
- Fire up the grill, brush a little bit of oil on the surface. Add a little bit of the garlic, cilantro, and jalapeno from the Marinade on top of the chicken and grill them until they turn golden brown and charred on both sides. Serve immediately.
NOTES: You can make this chili lime chicken with a cast-iron grill pan or regular skillet, or bake in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400F and bake it for about 20-25 minutes or until the skin becomes brown and charred. You can also use skinless and boneless chicken thighs or breasts.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/chili-lime-chicken/