Cause a stir with a delish baby octopus dish that's low-fat and bursting with flavour.
• Prep Time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp peanut oil
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 tbsps sweet chilli sauce
• steamed white rice, to serve
• 80ml (1/3 cup) tomato sauce
• 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
• 500g whole cleaned baby octopus
• 2 bunches broccolini, cut into florets
• 2 long fresh red chillies, finely chopped
- Use a small sharp knife to cut the baby octopus heads from the tentacles, just below eyes. Cut eyes from the heads and discard. Cut the tentacles in half.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add half the octopus and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until just cooked. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining octopus, reheating the pan between batches.
Add the garlic, chilli and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the broccolini and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just tender. Add the tomato sauce,sweet chilli sauce and sugar and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce boils and thickens. Add the octopus and stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through.
Spoon the rice among serving bowls. Top with the octopus stir-fry and serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/chilli-baby-octopus-stir-fry-broccolini/3d81a289-958d-44d5-ac7b-59d022d5e388