This Citrus Glazed Roast Chicken boasts robust citrus flavors and the juiciest, most tender meat possible! Easy to prepare, only 45 minutes in the oven, and an incredible marinade is what sets this chicken apart from the rest!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 4 lb. chicken cut in half, cleaned
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1/2 tsp dried thyme
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• 1 lemon cut into slices
• 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 2 oranges cut into slices
• 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
• 1 large shallot thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup orange marmalade
• 2 tbsps worcestershire sauce
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in medium bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place the chicken halves in a deep dish like a casserole dish.
- Pour the marinade over the top of the chicken and use a pastry brush to coat the chicken on all sides.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning the chicken over at least once.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly spray a large baking sheet or roasting pan with non stick cooking spray OR line with parchment paper.
- Line the baking sheet with the orange and lemon slices.
- Transfer the two chicken halves to the baking sheet so they are resting on top of the orange and lemon slices.
- Pour the marinade over the top of the chicken.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thigh registers 165F and juices run clear.
- Baste the chicken every 15 minutes.
- Let chicken rest 10 minutes before carving.
This great family recipe is thanks to Mom-on-Timeout Recipes at https://www.momontimeout.com/citrus-glazed-roast-chicken/