This easy prawn cocktail sauce recipe will wow everyone's taste buds!
• Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 2 tsps brandy
• pinch of salt flakes
• chervil leaves, to serve
• 2 eschalots, very finely chopped
• 5 iceberg lettuce leaves, finely shredded
• 2 avocados, peeled, halved, sliced crossways
• 20 cooked king prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
• 1 lemon, peeled, segmented, segments cut into thirds
For cocktail sauce:
• 1 tsp tabasco
• 1/2 tsp salt flakes
• juice of 1/2 lemon
• 2 tbsps tomato sauce
• 200ml pure (thin) cream
• 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• pinch of freshly ground white pepper
- For the cocktail sauce, lightly whisk the cream until thickened slightly. Stir in the lemon juice, tomato sauce, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and white pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more lemon juice if you think it needs it. Chill.
- Prepare the eschalots. Do you think they are small enough? Of course they aren’t. Cut them even smaller, then toss with a pinch of salt and the brandy, and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Combine lemon segments and oil. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- To assemble, divide the shredded lettuce among four wide-rimmed glasses or bowls. Arrange the prawn tails so they hang over the edge of the glass, placing a piece of avocado in between some of the prawns.
- Spoon a generous dollop of cocktail sauce into each glass and scatter over the chervil, lemon and a little brandied eschalot. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/prawn-cocktail/3e190e72-b50d-4e6c-ab97-2f7b4d635665?r=recipes/group/sx8icie0