Creamy prawn scampi pasta is a quick pasta recipe where prawn or shrimp is tossed in a garlic, butter and white wine sauce. Simple, yet indulgent, this recipe is perfect for date night or a quick dinner.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 3/4 cup Cream
• Salt and Pepper
• 2 tbsps Butter, divided
• 1/2 cup dry White Wine
• 5 Garlic Cloves, minced
• 2 tbsps Olive Oil, divided
• Zest and juice of 1 Lemon
• Grated Parmesan, for topping
• 2 tbsps finely chopped Parsley
• 200g / 7oz frozen large Prawns
• 250g / 9oz dried Tagliatelle pasta, or any other long strand pasta
- Defrosting Prawns: Transfer prawns to a bowl and cover with water. Set aside for 15 minutes or till they are completely thawed. Wash a few times with water and pat dry.
- Cooking Pasta: Cook the pasta according to package instructions till al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Wash with cold water to avoid the pasta from sticking together and set aside.
- Cooking the prawns: Heat a tablespoon of olive oil and butter in a pan and add the prawns. Sprinkle salt and pepper and cook the prawns for 3-4 minutes till almost cooked through. Transfer the prawns to a plate and set aside.
- Sauce the toss: In the same pan, heat the remaining butter and olive oil and add the garlic. Cook the garlic on low heat for a minute till fragrant and pour in the white wine. Simmer the wine till reduced and add the lemon zest and juice, and the reserved pasta water. Simmer the sauce for a minute or two and add the cooked prawns. Pour in the cream and simmer for a minute to let the sauce thicken. Toss in the cooked pasta and mix well. Season with more salt according to taste. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately topped with parmesan.
• Wine: I like to use a dry white wine like sauvignon blanc. Fruity or sweet wine don’t work well in this recipe
• Frozen Prawns: Frozen prawns have an advantage of being deveined and cleaned so they help save time while making this recipe, with the same great taste.
This great family recipe is thanks to My-Food-Story Recipes at https://myfoodstory.com/creamy-prawn-scampi-pasta-recipe/