• Prep time: 30 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• olive oil
• sea salt
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• pesto ingredients
• 200g rocket leaves
• 2 bunches broccolini
• 1/4 cup toasted pinenuts
• 1 clove of garlic, chopped
• 2 tbsps pine nuts, toasted
• 500g baby brussel sprouts
• 1 1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves
• 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
• 4 Huon Salmon fresh portions, skin on
- To make the pesto, in a small food processor, process the parsley, pine nuts, garlic & parmesan cheese to a fine texture, with the motor running slowly add the olive oil until combined.
- For the salad, slice the baby Brussel sprouts and wash the broccolini. Drizzle with olive oil & season with sea salt. Heat a grill pan over high heat or a barbecue plate and grill the Brussel sprouts & broccolini until just cooked, cool. Once cooled toss with the rocket leaves, sprinkle with the pine nuts, a little sea salt, black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place salmon skin side up on a plate, drizzle with olive oil & sprinkle with the sea salt. Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium to high heat (you can also use the BBQ plate) Place the salmon skin side down in the fry pan, cook for 4-5 minutes or until the skin is crisp, turn the fillets & cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Serve with the salad & pesto
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/crispy-skin-huon-salmon-with-chargrilled-brussel-sprout-and-broccolini-salad-with-pesto/