This Crispy Skin Pan Seared Chilean Sea Bass is a beautiful buttery fish that has a delicate flaky texture. The Skin when cooked properly gives a perfect textural contrast to the soft meat of the fish.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2 - 4
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 2 tbsps avocado oil
• 1 tbsp potato starch
• 12 oz Chilean Sea Bass two six ounces fillets (skin-on)
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Pat the sea bass dry then lightly season both sides of the sea bass with kosher salt. Let the filets sit uncovered skin side up in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Pat the fish dry once again then dust with potato starch on the skin side only.
- Heat a pan to medium high with avocado oil. Place filets in the pan skin side down and cook for 5-7 minutes until the sides start to turn white in color and the skin becomes a deep gold color. Dont Touch the fish until its time to filp.
- After 5-7 minutes flip the fish and move the pan to the oven to finish cooking for about 5 more minutes until the internal temperature of the fish is 135-140 degrees F.
- Serve Chilean Sea Bass skin side up.
This great family recipe is thanks to GRILLING 24x7 at https://grilling24x7.com/pan-seared-chilean-sea-bass-with-crispy-skin/