Homemade chicken noodle soup is already easy to whip up, but tossing all of your ingredients in a slow cooker makes it even easier.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 6 hours & 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6-8
• 1 bay leaf
• Kosher salt
• 8 oz. egg noodles
• 2 stalks celery, sliced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 4 tsps sprigs fresh thyme
• 4 tsps sprigs fresh rosemary
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 10 c. low-sodium chicken broth
• 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
• 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken, onion, carrots, celery, thyme, rosemary, garlic, and bay leaf and season generously with salt and pepper. Pour in broth.
- Cover and cook on low, 6 to 8 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Discard herbs and bay leaf. Return chicken to slow cooker and add egg noodles.
- Cook on low, covered, until al dente, 20 to 30 minutes.
This great family recipe is thanks to delish Recipe at https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a55661/easy-crockpot-chicken-noodle-soup-recipe/