This almond- and herb-coated lamb gives a twist to your Sunday roast
• Prep and cook time: 50 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• olive oil
• 750g rhubarb
• 2 racks of lamb
• 6 tbsps runny honey
• 2 tbsps Dijon mustard
• 1 handful of breadcrumbs
• 75g whole or flaked almonds
• 1 bunch of fresh mixed herbs, such as parsley, mint or chives
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
- Slice the rhubarb into 5cm pieces and place in a roasting tray. Drizzle over the honey and a good lug of oil, mix well, then spread out evenly over the pan.
- Blitz the almonds in a food processor with the herb leaves, then transfer to a bowl. Stir in the breadcrumbs and season.
- Using a sharp knife, score the fat on the lamb, rub in the mustard, then pat on the breadcrumb mix.
- Place the lamb on the rhubarb, drizzle with oil and cook for 22 to 35 minutes for medium, or a further 5 to 10 minutes for well done.
- Rest for 5 to 10 minutes, then carve into cutlets and serve with the rhubarb.
This great family recipe is thanks to Jamie Oliver Recipes at https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/lamb-recipes/crusted-lamb-rack-with-rhubarb/