This is more than just your ordinary sausage roll. Be sure to make extra for tomorrow's lunch.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 300g veal mince
• 300g pork mince
• 20 curry leaves (optional)
• 2 sheets puff pastry, partially thawed
• Mango chutney and mixed leaves to serve
• 3 sage sprigs, leaves picked and chopped
• 1 egg, lightly beaten, plus 1 yolk for egg wash
• 2 tsps each nigella seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and mustard seeds
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat a small pan over medium heat. Add spices and, stirring often, toast for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from pan and cool.
- To make filling, place mince, ¾ of the spices, sage and whole egg into a bowl. Season and combine well. Lightly beat remaining egg yolk in a separate bowl.
- Divide the filling between pastry sheets, forming a log along the bottom edge of each. Brush the far end with beaten yolk, then roll up to enclose. Place on tray then brush with more egg. Score pastry horizontally and scatter with curry leaves and remaining spice mix. Bake for 35 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Cut each roll into two and serve with mango chutney and mixed leaves.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious Recipes at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/curried-sausage-roll/P9XDvvyT?r=recipes/collections/36porkmincerecipesforquickmidweekmeals