For easier turning on the grill and added rosemary flavor, use two rosemary sprigs as each skewer.
• Prep and cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/8 tsp salt
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 12 large sea scallops
• Garnish: lemon slices
• Hot cooked basmati rice
• 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
• 8 (12-inch) fresh rosemary sprigs
• 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ombine scallops and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Pick leaves off 6 inches of one end of each rosemary sprig, leaving the other end intact. Soak rosemary sprigs in water in a shallow dish 20 minutes.
- Place 2 rosemary skewers side by side, leaving a small space between. Thread 3 scallops onto bare part of rosemary skewers. Repeat with remaining rosemary and scallops. Grill over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Serve on a bed of basmati rice with lemon slices, if desired.
NOTE: For smoky flavor, cut slices of prosciutto in half lengthwise and wrap 1 piece around each scallop before skewering.
This great family recipe is thanks to Coastal Living Recipes at https://www.coastalliving.com/syndication/diver-scallops-grilled-on-rosemary