• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp butter
• 2 tbsps honey
• salt and pepper
• 1/4 cup red wine
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 cup brown gravy mix
• 4 skinless duck breasts
• 2 tbsps red wine vinegar
• 1 orange, juice and zest of
• 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
Prepare gravy as per directions on envelope, reserve.
- Salt and pepper each breast on both sides.
- Melt butter and oil in a skillet, brown breasts on both sides until well browned (approximately 3 minutes each side).
- Cook in oven (350°F) for approximately 10 minutes (for small breasts) and for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, in same skillet, add leeks, sauté until tender.
- Add vinegar, orange juice, orange zests, wine, cranberries and honey. Bring to a good simmer and reduce for a few minutes.
- Incorporate gravy, mix well and cook for one more minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut each breast in thin slices crosswise.
- Fan slices on each plate.
- Spoon sauce over duck.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food Recipes at https://www.food.com/recipe/duck-breasts-with-cranberries-honey-sauce-335921