A simple duck breast recipe with roasted vegetable accompaniments.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 duck breasts
• 4 tbsps olive oil
• salt and pepper
• 2 sprigs of thyme
• 10g unsalted butter
• 1 small butternut squash
• 1 head of garlic, cut in two
• 1 bag washed baby spinach
• 4 medium size raw beetroots
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 180°C, 160oC Fan, Gas Mark 4.
- Peel the squash then remove the seeds and cut into wedges. Place in an oven proof dish and add the thyme, the garlic, 2 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper and cook until tender (around 30 minutes).
- While the squash is cooking boil the beetroot in a pan until tender. Drain and when cold peel the skin and cut into quarters, then place in an oven proof dish with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper, and bake for 10 mins.
- While the beetroot and squash is cooking prepare and cook the duck breasts by following our step by step guide.
- Remove the beetroot and butternut squash from the oven and add to it the spinach. Divide all of the vegetables on to 4 plates, slice the duck lengthways and place on the vegetables, pour the juices on the cutting board over the top of each breast.
This great family recipe is thanks to Gressingham Duck Recipes at https://www.gressinghamduck.co.uk/recipes/duck-breasts-roasted-beetroot-butternut-squash/