If you think delicious scallop recipes are only something found in fancy seafood restaurants, you couldn’t be more wrong! Once you know how to prepare scallops, you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to enjoy a healthy and delicious meal any time your heart desires.
This one for broiled scallops is a great starting point for learning the basics, but it’s amazingly delicious as well! Serve with brown rice and a green vegetable for a healthy, balanced meal. Easy and delicious, this simple scallops recipe is a perfect way to add zesty, subtle seafood flavor to any meal.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• Lemon wedges, for serving
• 2 tbsps fresh chopped parsley
• 2 tbsps ghee, optional olive oil
• Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
• 12 sea scallops, patted dry with a paper towel
- Preheat your oven’s broiler to high. Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Lay the scallops in a baking dish or sheet tray. Combine the ghee or olive oil and lemon juice and brush the scallops lightly.
- Broil for 5-6 minutes, until tops are browned. Flip and broil 5-6 more minutes until other sides is browned. Top with the chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon before serving.
This great family recipe is thanks to Yummly Recipes at https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Easy-Broiled-Scallops-2397501#directions