Ready in LESS THAN 30 minutes! This Easy Crab Cakes recipe will be your go-to Crab Cake Recipe from now on! These MOIST, TANGY, SATISFYING and HEARTY crab cakes are gonna win your heart!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 16 minutes
• Yield: Serves 3-4
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp hot sauce
• 1/2 tsp kosher salt
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 4 tbsp butter, melted
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp onion powder
• 1 tbsp old bay seasoning
• 20 saltine crackers crushed
• 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
• 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 LB crab claw meat drained
• 3 tbsp parsley, chopped fine (Optional)
- Drain the crab meat well and then evenly spread it across the bottom of a large bowl using care not to break up the crab meat pieces.
- Sprinkle the crushed saltines over the top (Do Not mix together yet).
- In a small bowl, mix together the hot sauce, pepper, salt, dijon, old bay, worcestershire, onion powder, garlic powder, egg, mayo, lemon juice and Parsley (optional).
- Pour the wet ingredients over the crab meat and saltines and then VERY GENTLY, using your hands, fold together the ingredients until well mixed. Do your best not to break up the crab meat.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge and pat into patties. (This recipe makes about 6 patties).
- Place the patties back into the fridge for at least an hour.
- When ready to bake - preheat the oven to BROIL HIGH. Allow the oven to come to full temp (it will take about 10- minutes or maybe a little more).
- Brush the tops of the crab cakes with the melted butter and Broil on HIGH for 8 minutes on the first side.
- Carefully turn the crab cakes over and brush with butter on the other side. Broil for another 6 minutes. Serve Hot.
• Crab meat is expensive, so you’ll want to follow the directions exactly to have these come out perfectly.
• You can make these half size and use as an appetizer, you’ll need to watch them carefully in the oven, when they are browned and sizzly, it’s time to turn them.
• You’ll want to use a good mayo such as Hellman’s, Dukes, Blue Plate or Aldi brand.
• The mustard gives a ton of flavor, use a quality DIJON mustard not a yellow mustard.
• The hot sauce adds flavor, so don’t worry about the heat.
• Use a quality hot sauce like Cholulas.
• The egg and mayo act as binders. One without the other doesn’t work (I’ve tried it). The cracker is a little bit of a filler, but not so that you can use less crab. Instead if fills in the spaces between the chunks of meat and you need it as well. Do NOT try to use panko or some other filler, it doesn’t work as well.
This great family recipe is thanks to Loaves and Dishes at https://www.loavesanddishes.net/easy-crab-cakes/